What is “Stress?”
Stress is anything and everything with which we exert a pressure on ourselves. Basically, this pressure could be a mental tension or physical worry which comes out of us in various other sub forms. We do need a limited stress which motivates us to react to intense situations. This is positive stress and anything which is under limits, is good for health.
Maintaining a balance in every walk of our life and using our common sense could relieve stress to a lot of extent. Example: For a cup of coffee, one spoon of sugar is good for health, 3 spoons of sugar are heavy & anything above that could be dangerous. An organized life style with realistic time frames and metrics could easily overcome unwanted stress at work.
What is “Stress Management?”
Until & unless we can analyze ourselves and stay under calm (especially while dealing with stressful situations), chances are high that our stress gets multiplied. Surprising reason here is for a particular situation, its hard to measure or check the stress levels which will get multiply unless ready to nullify. So, stress management forms the list of actions and the level of determination we impose ourselves for a safer and healthier life.
What is “Stress Management @ WORK?”
Stress could be more at work place. On an average, we spend around one-third of our time at work in a day. So, the more relaxed and calm we are the better our stress management and a safer health.
Steps to find and control Stress
- FIRST STEP– Once we find the negative aspects of stress, it is our responsibility to make determination that we will be overcoming stress for a healthy life
- SECOND STEP– There will be lot of changes in terms of body language, chemical reactions within the body etc between a person who is calm and a person who is undergoing stress. The difference increases based on the degree of stress that particular person is facing at that time. Our wisdom lies in identifying whether we are NORMAL or STRESSED. As soon as the stress is observed within, we have to make every attempt first to control our stress and nothing else, no matter what in front of us
- THIRD STEP– Analyze the situations which are causing stress. Find out what is the real intention behind the stress
- FOURTH STEP– Judge whether the goal is genuine and if genuine and then find out the alternates of achieving the same
- FIFTH STEP– By this step, no matter how stressful the situation was, 90% of the stress will be automatically controlled
How Stress Management can improve Productivity at work?
- If we continue working with stress, unknowingly our focus gets deviated from real work and hence the unnecessary issues crop up. This is simply a waste of time which needs controlling
- A person under (limited) stress can handle more works than a person under more stress. This reason also helps in effective use of time, which invariably increased productivity at work
- A person under stress is bound to make more mistakes compared to a person who is calm and relaxed. So, effective work results with less stress
- A person with less stress has certainly a proper mindset which influences his or her relationship with co workers. This helps in building an ambient work atmosphere. Basically, deviations and unnecessary actions gets resolved
Result of an effective “Stress Management”
A relaxed, safe and productive work environment results with effective stress management techniques. It’s top management’s responsibility to make every attempt in creating a stress free atmosphere